Bobcat CT2040 Compact Tractor
|Model||CT2040 Compact Tractor|
How can we help?
The economical Bobcat® CT2040 compact tractor doesn’t skimp when it comes to horsepower. This 40-hp small farm tractor provides rugged performance and outstanding comfort so you can take on attachment and implement work around your ranch or acreage. It delivers big performance and still fits in tight areas on your property. Four-wheel drive, a Category 1 3-point hitch and power steering are standard. And you get to choose from two transmission types to get the one that’s best for your work.
- This power take-off (PTO) system is a simple, economical PTO system only on the 2000 Platform tractors with a manual transmission. It uses a mechanical linkage to engage and disengage the PTO system, and the tractor must come to a complete stop before turning the PTO on or off.
- There are no side panels to remove when accessing the engine compartment. It’s quick and easy. The hood is easy to lift thanks to the air cylinder assist. This best-in-class maintenance accessibility means virtually all of the major service points are easy to see and easy to reach.
- The hydrostatic transmission (3-range HST) uses hydraulic pressure to change speed, operating similar to a vehicle. You'll only need to stop moving if you want to change your range. It's a good choice for frequent front-end loader work such as cleaning stalls, mowing or maneuvering in tight areas. A simple twin-pedal design enables quick and easy direction changes: One pedal moves you forward, the other moves you in reverse. Its ease of operation makes it a good choice for novice drivers. Read more about all Bobcat® compact tractor transmission options.
- Every day brings a new challenge on the farm or acreage. Bobcat® compact tractors offer maximum maneuverability to take on those challenges. Whether you need high clearance to get through rough terrain, four-wheel drive for extra traction or a tight turning radius to work around obstacles, you'll find the performance you need to get to the work.
- Bobcat® compact tractors are designed to be easy to use with controls that help you do more work with less effort. Intuitive control levers are easy to use, and extras like power steering, cruise control and more help you operate the tractor and implements with confidence.
- Bobcat® compact tractors deliver leading drawbar towing power and force for heavy towing performance that beats many other tractor brands. The hitch is adjustable to provide towing flexibility and convenience.
- This is the classic tractor transmission that many remember from growing up on the farm. The manual-shift transmission is an economical and reliable choice that requires you to stop to change between nine forward gears and three reverse gears. It works well for jobs that require constant speed, including mowing, tilling or spraying. It efficiently handles PTO-demanding work. Second and reverse gears are synchronized to facilitate loader usage – though it's not recommended if you intend to do a lot of digging and loading. Read more about all Bobcat® compact tractor transmission options.
- Regular maintenance is a big part of keeping your property looking its best – and key to keeping your Bobcat® compact tractor running at peak performance. An accessible engine compartment makes it easy to keep up on daily maintenance. All daily checks, engine fluid fills and filters are located on one side of the engine, making it easy to keep your tractor running smoothly with minimal effort.
- A centralized location for fuses and relays simplifies the need to replace fuses or troubleshoot electronics.
- A ROPS, standard on all non-cab models, is designed to protect the operator in the event of a rollover (when the ROPS is locked in the up position and the seatbelt is fastened). The foldable ROPS can be temporarily lowered when driving under trees, into garages or in other low-clearance areas.
- Some days, you want to keep working until you’ve checked everything off your to-do list. A comfortable seat helps you stay in the tractor longer without feeling beat up at the end of the day. The deluxe suspension seat, available on select Bobcat® compact tractors, absorbs the vibration and bumps you experience on the job, maximizing your comfort. It’s fully adjustable to accommodate every operator and includes a foldable armrest on the right-hand side for extra comfort and support when you need it. So go ahead, finish the mowing, clean out the barn, plant a few more trees or clear out one more pasture. You’ll be comfortable no matter how long you stay out there.
- Different jobs require different tires to ensure you're getting the best performance from your tractor. Bobcat offers three tire options to match the work you do, whether it's towing heavy loads and pulling implements, working on lawns, or working in a variety of ground conditions and applications that require more traction.
- The linked pedal option is available on tractor models starting at the 2000 Platform and above that have a hydrostatic or electronic hydrostatic transmission to increase engine rpm as you engage the travel pedal, for operation that feels similar to driving a car. This makes for intuitive front-end loader control and enhances the ease of use on a variety of other jobs.
- Work lights on Bobcat® compact tractors give you the visibility you need to keep going. Bright headlights illuminate the work in front of you, giving you high visibility in low light conditions. The LED tail lamp with a long bulb life makes sure you’re seen from behind as you travel around your acreage, trails or back roads.
- The 3-point hitch transforms your Bobcat® tractor into a do-it-all machine to mow, till, grade a driveway, rake debris and weeds, move snow, and more. It’s compatible with all Category 1 implements and includes features that make it easy to hook up implements.
- Till your garden and plant a spring food plot. Clear weeds from the ditches and pastures. Dig holes for fence posts or trees in all types of soil conditions. Mow your acreage in an afternoon. You can do it all with power take-off (PTO). Rear PTO is standard on all Bobcat® compact tractors, and mid PTO is standard on select models and optional on all other models except on 4000 Platform models with a manual transmission. PTO coupled with the 3-point hitch allows you to operate numerous implements with ease.
- Independent power take-off (PTO) allows you to simply flip a switch to engage or disengage the PTO without stopping the tractor or using the clutch. This comes in handy for tasks that require frequent stopping and restarting of your implement, including moving from one hole to the next as you use the auger.
- Bobcat provides you access to a world of implements and attachments – so you can get the most work from your tractor investment. Whether it’s moving snow, installing a fence or taking care of animals, when you have the right tractor and the right implement or attachment, there is virtually no task that’s beyond your ability.
- Count on excellent lift capacities to increase your implement capabilities and improve your performance. Many Bobcat® tractors offer the highest 3-point hitch lift capacity in their size.
- When you’re comfortable, long days and a long list of projects are no problem. Bobcat® compact tractors are loaded with comfort features and easy-to-use controls so you can put in as many hours as you want to and not feel it the next day. Look for standard features, including ergonomic controls, suspension seat and low-noise, low-vibration engines, plus extras that make these machines easy to use and easy to enjoy.